Cheesy Sausage Pasta
- Package Uncooked Pasta Shells, 1 (16 ounce)
- Vegetable Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Finely Onion, 1/2 tablespoon finely minced onion
- Orange Bell Pepper, 1, thinly sliced
- Garlic, 1 teaspoon minced
- Bulk Italian Sausage, 1 pound
- Can Stewed Tomatoes, 1 (14.5 ounce)
- Heavy Cream, 1 cup
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, 1 cup
- Fresh Parsley, 1 tablespoon chopped
* Fill a large pot with lightly salted water, and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the shell pasta, and return to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain well.
* While the pasta is cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, orange pepper, and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the crumbled Italian sausage into the vegetables in the skillet; cook and stir until meat is browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Stir in the undrained tomatoes and the heavy cream. Turn the heat to medium-low, and allow the sauce to cook until thick, about 5 additional minutes.
* Mix pasta with the sausage cream sauce, stir in the Parmesan cheese, and serve. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Grocery List for this recipe
1Package Uncooked Pasta Shells
1Orange Bell Pepper
1Bulk Italian Sausage
1Can Stewed Tomatoes
1Grated Parmesan Cheese