Jack's Chile Recipe
- lean chuck, ground, 2 1/2 Pounds
- lean pork, ground, 1 pound
- garlic cloves, finely chopped, 4
- hunt's tomato sauce, 8 ounces
- beer (12 oz.), 1 can
- chili powder , 3 tablespoons
- instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes), 2 tablespoons
- cumin, ground, 2 tablespoons
- paprika, 2 teaspoons
- oregano leaves , 2 teaspoons
- Sugar, 2 teaspoons
- coriander, ground, 1/2 teaspoon
- unsweetened cocoa , 1 teaspoon
- Louisiana hot sauce , 1/2 teaspoon
- cornmeal, 1 teaspoon
- flour, 1 teaspoon
- water, 1 teaspoon
1. In a large saucepan brown 1 1/4 pounds of the ground meat (the beef and the pork), drain the fat.
2. Remove meat (the beef and the pork). Brown the rest of the ground meat, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
3. Add the garlic, cook and stir until tender.
4. Add the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, oregano, sugar, coriander, cocoa, and hot sauce. Mix well.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered , for 2 hours.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
7. Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.
Grocery List for this recipe
1lean chuck, ground
1lean pork, ground
1garlic cloves, finely chopped
1hunt's tomato sauce
1beer (12 oz.)
1instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
1Louisiana hot sauce